Monday, February 21, 2011

BREAKFAST IN BED

I wanted to celebrate Valentine's day with a wonderful breakfast in bed for me and my honey.  Unfortunately, finding a tray to my liking (that was large enough for the two of us) proved to be very difficult.  All the ones I found were either too small, too awkward, or just plain UGLY!!  Nevertheless, I was going through my garage one day and found this old window and I thought.....PERFECT!!  So I cleaned it up, made the glass all shiny, and used it for my setting.
SO CHARMING!!

A scalloped table runner sits atop the glass. The dinnerware is ''Primvere" by Ballard Designs (my everyday dishes) and the light olive glassware was a gift from my Mother-in-law. 

Olive green tassels and a tiny silk leaf adorn napkins from Pier 1 imports (I've had them forever).

 Tiny silver shakers and some cinnamon sticks tied with raffia add a sweet touch.


The window has an old, worn look to it and has obviously been painted a few times.  It adds to the character. 

A pot of Daffodils topped with Spanish Moss completes the look of the whole setting.

6 comments:

  1. I want my window back!!! No, actually, you are putting it to good use and this setting is ADORABLE. So talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! Very clever use for your window.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to wake up to this any morning! Think I will give my children the hint!
    Katheryn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a charming tray, it is set so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've available to be a guest in that gorgeous guest room. Thank you for sharing your beautiful design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I would love to wake up to your beautiful tray in that gorgeous room!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...